Welcome to Baby Bumps
During your pregnancy
You are covered for up to 12 visits at your gynaecologist, GP or midwife based on the plan you choose.
You are covered for up to two 2D ultrasound scans. 3D and 4D scans are paid up to the rate we pay for 2D scans.
Only pregnancy related vitamins are covered
Your baby is covered up to two visits. Cover depends on the plan you choose.
How do I access the benefits?
- Members on the Essential and Custom options must visit their network general practitioner for antenatal care.
- Members on the Custom option will be referred to a specialist on the network and Essential option members will be given a letter to visit their nearest state facility.
- All maternity care outside the network must be pre-authorised.
- Members on the Hospicare, Hospicare Network, Classic, Classic Network and Optimum options can visit a specialist of their choice.
- All members need to contact the call centre to obtain pre-authorisation for hospital admission for the birth. Pre-authorisation is subject to designated service provider arrangements if applicable to your plan of choice.
- The maternity programme is headed by highly skilled and experienced, registered nursing sisters with additional qualifications in midwifery who will provide you with support, education and advice throughout your pregnancy.
Registering on the programme
Contact the call centre between weeks 12 and 20 of your pregnancy to telephonically enrol on the programme.